Ontotext takes part in research projects with a total current budget of more than 100 million EURO. Ontotext is the most successful Bulgarian participant in EU research projects in FP5, FP6, FP7 and was distinguished with the prestigious Pitagoras award. Ontotext has participated in 30 EU projects since 2002, and a number of related initiatives:
Ontotext currently participates in the following EU research projects:
- Khresmoi - Knowledge Helper for Medical and Other Information users - to build a multi-lingual multi-modal search and access system for biomedical information and documents
- TrendMiner - Large-scale, Cross-lingual Trend Mining and Summarisation of Real-time Media Streams, with application to financial decision support and political analysis and monitoring
- EUCLID - Educational Curriculum for the usage of Linked Data - facilitates professional training for data practitioners aiming to use Linked Data in their daily work, through a curriculum implemented as a combination of living learning materials and activities
- AnnoMarket - Cloud-Based Text Annotation Marketplace - aims to revolutionise the text annotation market, by delivering an affordable, open marketplace for pay-as-you-go, cloud-based extraction resources and services, in multiple languages
- LDBC - Linked Data Benchmark Council - aims to establish a global, vendor-neutral, non-profit organisation for publishing and auditing benchmark results for graph and RDF databases
- Europeana Creative - re-use of cultural heritage metadata and content by the creative industries
- Ambrosia - Europeana Food and Drink - explore and celebrate European cultural identity through its culinary and social history.
- Data Publishing through the Cloud
- A Data- and Platform-as-a-Service Approach for Efficient Data Publication and Consumption
- Multisensor - Mining and Understanding of multilinguaL contenT for Intelligent Sentiment Enriched coNtext and Social Oriented inteRpretation: advancing the research and development of multilingual media analysis technologies
- PHEME - aims to compute veracity of rumours across media, languages, and social networks
Ontotext organized the workshop Practical Experiences with CIDOC CRM and its Extensions (CRMEX 2013), affiliated with the 17th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries (TPDL 2013), 26 September 2013 in Valetta, Malta.
Ontotext has completed a number of projects that have had a great impact on the present state of the Semantic Web, including: On-To-Knowledge, SWWS, OntoWeb, VISION, DIP, SEKT, INFRAWEBS, PrestoSpace, MediaCampaign, RASCALLI, SemanticGov, SUPER, TAO, TripCom, SOA4ALL, LarKC, INSEMTIVES, NoTube, MOLTO, CUBIST, RENDER