LarKC (Large Scale Semantic Computing\nSemantic Web technologies\ndistributed reasoning\nprobabilistic reasoning\nweb-scale inference\ninformation retrieval) aims is to go beyond the limited storage and inference solutions currently available for semantic computing.
Contact: Vassil Momtchev
- Enriching the current logic-based Semantic Web reasoning methods with methods from information retrieval, machine learning, information theory, databases, and probabilistic reasoning
- Employing cognitively inspired approaches and techniques such as spreading activation, focus of attention, reinforcement,etc
- Building a distributed reasoning platform and realizing it both on a high-performance computing cluster and via “computing at home”
LarKC is funded as an Information and Communication technologies Project under European Commission 7th FP with a budget around 7.3M euros. It started April 2008 with a 3 years duration. LarKC was coordinated by UIBK, Austria
- Semantic Integration for Early Clinical Development
- Definition and validation of goals and metrics for the LarKC platform